Thanksgiving Break is 11-25 to 11-27
Happy Turkey Day!
Cold and Flu Season is Upon Us
A few friendly reminders...
Please do NOT send your child to school if he/she has or had:
- Fever more than 100 degrees within the last 24 hours
- Vomiting or diarrhea within the last 24 hours
- Continuous coughing not relieved with cough medicine.
Luther School District does not allow any school personnel to give ANY medication without a School Medical Form signed by the parent or guardian. This includes ALL over the counter medications, even cough drops. These forms are available in the front office or Medical Secretaries office.
As many people are getting colds and the flu we would greatly appreciate your assistance in preventing the spread of illnesses in our school. Please help to teach your child good health habits to protect themselves as well as others:
- Plenty of rest and nutritious food are needed.
- When coughing or sneezing cover the nose and mouth by coughing or sneezing into a tissue or bent elbow.
- Practice frequent handwashing with soap and water or hand sanitizer. As this is one of the best ways to prevent the spread of germs. Wash, wash, and wash those hands!
Since students need to be picked up when they become ill at school we need current telephone numbers. Please inform the school immediately of any change in your telephone number(s) so we may be able to contact you when needed.
Thank you in advance for working with us to keep students and staff healthy and in school.
LHS Skeet Shooting Team Places 2nd at State
Congratulations to the Luther High School FFA team. They recently placed 2nd at the FFA State Skeet Shooting Contest. Team members are (from left) Luke Mohr, Jesse Cole, Josh Grounds, and Dakota Pridemore. Also pictured is FFA Adviser Holly Drake. Jesse Cole ended up posting the highest individual score of the contest. Way to go Lions!
LHS Counseling Dept Receives Grant from CREC Foundation
LHS Counselor Angie Cox was recently awarded a $3000 grant from Central Rural Electric Cooperative Foundation. The money will be used to buy 12 Chromebooks and a charging/storage cart for LHS students. The check was presented to Mrs. Cox and Ms. Scheffler by CREC Foundation board member Dennis Delano and CREC Board Trustee Bill Davis.
Stay in the know with SchoolWay
Get Luther Public School's official app. Stay in the know, every day the SchoolWay.
- School updates and info
- Instant safety notifications
- Teacher updates and assignment details
- Club and organization updates
Download SchoolWay from your app store today!